Wondering how to navigate through Blogaroo?
(how to use blogaroo / instructions for blogaroo)
- To know more about features and browsing Blogaroo, visit ABOUT BLOGAROO
- Read what else is in BLOGAROO'S BLOGS
- Read about Blogaroo from the DEVELOPER'S DESK
- Read more from the DEVELOPER'S PROFILE
User account /sign up/register -
- Create an account from the SIGN-UP PAGE
- There are two options to do so, either one can directly SIGN UP WITH GOOGLE, in which case the authentication is done by Google, and hence just a one-click process.
- The second option is to register an account using the form provided on that page and authenticating the given information using the provided email.
- Once the account is created, the user can sign in.
User sign-in/login -
- A registered user can access their account by signing in/logging in using the SIGN-IN PAGE
- There are two options, a user can simply SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE or provide their registered EMAIL ID and sign in with their CREATED PASSWORD.
- A successful sign-in will redirect the user to their DASHBOARD (which is their profile page).
Writing a blog -
- While browsing the platform doesn't require one to have an account, to write a blog, a user has to first register with Blogaroo from the SIGN-UP PAGE or a registered user must be signed in/logged in from the SIGN-IN PAGE
- A registered user can visit WRITE BLOG to write a blog.
Features in WRITE BLOG page -
- Banner picture is the featured image of the blog which will be viewed on the top of the blog post page and blog post card. Press the ➕ icon to insert an image. If one wishes to change the image, simply press the 🗑️ icon and re-insert the desired image.
- Blog title is the main heading of the blog and will also be used to create a unique link for the blog.
- Blog category is simply the category under which the blog falls.
- Blog tags are relatable small description that relates to the blog in some way.
- Blog body is where one can write the whole blog. The editor is a rich text editor so one can format the blog boy as they desire.
- Autosave feature is available for the blog body field, meaning the writer can write a bit and can close the window or the browser and can resume exactly where they left when they wish to.
- Except for the banner image, everything else is a required field for the blog to be published.
- The finished blog can then be published using the PUBLISH button.
Editing/deleting a blog -
- Once the blog is published, the writer of the blog can edit the blog by visiting the blog post page.
- The blog post page has an EDIT button. Pressing that button will take the user to the same write blog page, with the blog content pre-populated in their respective fields.
- The update button is by default disabled but gets activated once any change is made in the blog.
- To DELETE a blog, user can open the blog post page of a blog written by them and select the delete option.
- For smaller screen devices, the said features are available under the three-dot menu in blog post page.
Commenting on a blog -
- In the very bottom of a blog post page, the user can use the DISQUS commenting system to join the discussion on that blog or simply leave a comment.
- Since the commenting system is by DISQUS, the user will need to go ahead and register an account with DISQUS.
User dashboard/profile/password reset -
- To update/edit one's information, user can go to their DASHBOARD and under ABOUT section, press UPDATE PROFILE/COMPLETE PROFILE, which will redirect to the EDIT PROFILE page. User can update their profile picture, name & username. To update the profile picture, one can press the ➕ icon to insert an image. If one wishes to change the image, simply press the 🗑️ icon and re-insert the desired image.
- To SIGN OUT/LOGOUT, user can select the SIGN OUT option under the three-dot menu in dashboard.
- Logged out/Signed out users can find the FORGOT PASSWORD link under the PASSWORD field in SIGN IN PAGE
- Logged in/Signed in users can find the RESET PASSWORD link in EDIT PROFILE page.
For any queries -